Thursday, July 3, 2008

Feux d'artifice-Fire works

June 28, 2008
The family tried to light the house on fire by putting 39 candles on my cake, what were thinking? oh yeah that I'm 39. They surprised me and bought me the most delicious chocolate cake I have ever had. There was a big fireworks display in the town of Avon so we figured we better experience fireworks at least once in France. We strolled into the park the usual American way with blankets and pillows under our arms and as we walked past the policemen they said to Mark "Monsieur, pas camping"-Sir, no camping!
They just don't know how to do the whole fireworks thing. They enter the park, find a place to stand, watch the show and leave. We figured we would show them how to really enjoy the fireworks. We found a great spot on the grass spread out our blanket and pillows, we all laid down and waited for the sky to explode.
I told the kids to pretend it was the 4th of July and that they were playing the Star Spangled Banner.

Because it stays light so late the show didn't even begin until 11:00, but we're getting use to this French way of life. I told the kids I thought it was so kind of them to do fireworks for my birthday. Talk about ending the day with a bang!

No comments: