Friday, October 26, 2007

Buying groceries- L'achat d'épicerie

Grocery shopping here has been an experience. There is the Carrefour which is enormous, or you have the small markets on the corner. I have managed to find a "regular" size grocery store since I took these photos, but I wanted to show you what the stores are like here.
This is the Carrefour

The cheese counter

More cheese- and it can smell funny!
Sometimes the kids have a hard time walking through this section.


Fish or almost things that live in the water No- I have not bought these..yet.I think they eat these because there are so many of them and they cause problems. At night we found a field we can drive past and when our lights scan the ground we can see about 50-60 each time just cruising across the field. This is a highlight for the kids- and then we see them in the store like this

The kids have had rabbit and like it, but I have not yet had the pleasure and unless I eat school lunch I don't know that I will. They sure look appetizing this way huh?


The bakery-Now this section smells delicious and everything looks so good.



Most of the produce is very fresh and delicious.
After you have fought the crowds here and your cart is full, you then get to wait in line for at least 20 minutes, then unload your groceries and then load them back up in your own bags that you hopefully remembered to bring into the store with you. Otherwise you can buy new ones for either 10 centimes or 80 centimes.

No comments: