Saturday, February 2, 2008

Un grand jour - A great Day!







I had a great day yesterday! When we woke up
it was raining harder than it has since we
arrived. It was a real rain storm, it was cold, very wet but beautiful.
I had made arrangement with my friend Geraldine to go shopping at the Marche in town, unless it rained. Well it was raining, so our alternate plan was to go to her house and cook. Her house is so cozy and creative, I loved everything in it. When I arrived she had classical music playing and homemade hot chocolate for both of us, it was very inviting. She was so nice to talk to let me practice my French with her. (she speaks a little English but can write in English very well). We told each other about our families and the things we like to do.
She showed me how to make Panellets. They are a delicious cookie with almond powder and pinenuts (dad you will love them).
She gave me a few other recipes to try, and we will be getting together again to make some more French tasties. I can hardly wait.










After the exciting morning, I picked up the kids and we had to head back to Paris to the dentist. Jesse has had a tooth that is bothering her so off we went. I was a little nervous to drive in such a rain storm, but it turned out to be okay. The kids and I listened to "Danny the champion of the world" on the way so the time flew by.
Jesse was so good and the dentist kept telling her that if all the kids he worked on were that good his job would be a lot easier. She laid there without a move and her mouth open wide the whole time (50 minutes). He fixed the problem and so we are all good again.
We are so happy to have found him and are appreciative of all his kindness and expertise.
This is what the dentist will do to a person, or 5.

3 comments:

natalie said...

fun! rainy days are always the best. jesse, i love your rainboots! since it only snows here i can't wear my rainboots very much :)

Photo Amy said...

I love his Frech facial hair. Now all he needs is a saber and puffy shirt.

Photo Amy said...

Yeah...I meant to say "French". I can spell, it's just late. :)