Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Élagage des arbres - Pruning the trees

Spring really must be in the air because all the city workers have been out cleaning up the flower beds and trimming, or skinning all the trees. They strip them down to almost nothing but the trunk, then they just burn what they cut off right there. Easiest way to get rid of all those branches I guess. Many days when we walk outside there is a lot of smoke in the air because of people burning their leaves or branches. Just on your short walk home you can smell like you have been camping.
The workers were kind enough to stop long enough to give me a smile. I see them all over on the backside of town now they wave at me whenever I go by.

3 comments:

Natasha said...

sounds like you guys are having fun. It's defiantly not spring here there is so much snow. I love it.

natalie said...

why would they want to burn the trees? yeah, it is not close to spring here1

peter said...

It really hurt to watch them butcher the trees like that...but everyone seems to think that the trees won't grow without cutting them half off. Crazy. No spring here in Utah, but I have hope it will arrive some time. I'm glad that Sophie likes school, what a relief.