Thursday, January 17, 2008

Dîner avec des amis- Dinner with friends














Our friends Heike and Eric had us over to their beautiful home for dinner again. She is German he is French, and both speak English. They are some of the nicest people we have met here.
She is a great cook and has cooked us delicious meals both times. We were fortunate to get a German meal this time. She made Sauerkraut, meat, potatoes and a stew. The girls loved the Sauerkraut, Jesse had three helpings.
They have three girls Leah, Litza and Deborah. Leah- the oldest speaks a little English as well.
Their home and estate are breathtaking. They have done a great job "fixing it up" as we may say. The home is very old and needed some attention, and they have given it that. I asked her how difficult it was to get things fixed here and she told me it is very difficult because no one really works. They show up at 9:00 and then take a smoke break, then a coffee break, then it is time for lunch, a few more breaks and then it's time to go home. She said, "that is why I only hire Germans".
The tree in their yard is enormous! I love it. They do too, but she said, "I hope we don't get
any big winds".

For dessert we had a Galette des Roi. Sophie got to go under the table and decide who got what piece. Annie and Dallas were the king and queen of the night.



After dinner, the kids enjoyed a movie on their huge projector TV. They watched Home Alone 2 in French. It was a very fun evening.
We feel fortunate to meet people such as the Chaouat's.

4 comments:

natalie said...

fun! that must be nice that they both speak english. i love the huge tree! it would be soooo fun to climb! sophie you look so cute!

Julie said...

Tifiny,found your blog on Peter's. Cannot tell you how jealous we are that you are living in France! It looks like you are all having an amazing time! I have been to Paris once but not as an insider in the countryside.Your kids will have so much to tell their AMerican friends. That is, if you ever decide to return to boring old USA. Have fun, I look forward to hearing more about your adventures on your blog. Julie (Crane) Grigg

Kerstin said...

I just spent the better half of my afternoon reading through your blog- a while ago Mark told us about it- and I finally got around to reading it. Can I just say I want to be like you guys when I grow up? What a great family you are- we have a lot to learn from you guys.

Natasha said...

it is so nice to have good friends im glad you have made some nice friends there