Sunday, December 2, 2007

Day 5- Nice and San Raphael

On Monday morning Mom and I went to the antique market. These two men were the first dealers we saw when we entered the street. They had a few items we found interesting so we visited their area several times during the day. The bell I am holding was one of those items I was very interested in. When I went to talk to them about it he decided to serenade me. He started singing "There were bells on the hill, but I never heard them ringing..... till there was you".
He wouldn't stop until he had sung the whole song- wow, I have never heard music like that before. In case you were wondering, these are the public toilets. You put your money in, the door opens you do your business, the door opens you go out, the door closes, and then it self cleans-pretty slick. We became very familiar with these with the 5 kids.




The kids could not get enough of the beach. Every minute we could be there the happier they were. Mark even joined them for a quick swim.





They got pretty good at sand castles and animals in the sand. Annie and Jesse show off their sand turtle. I thought it was pretty cute.
They were excited to hit the beach in San Raphael, because it had sand and not rocks.









I thought the boys were gong to turn into crabs and bury themselves in the sand. This was their idea of a great vacation.






This was my great photo moment. This sign was on the roadside just as you entered Nice. I loved it and really wanted a picture of it but was never ready for it when we passed. This night I had my camera out and Mark told me to get ready, so I stuck it out the window leaning over Annie and waited for the word, when they said now I just took it and what do you know- it worked.



1 comment:

natalie said...

uh lucky!!! that looks sooo fun!! annie and jesse, i love you swim suits!!