Sunday, December 9, 2007

Off to Paris











Thanks to Grandpa being a good sport and taking on the mom duties, the girls headed off to Paris. Sort of a dream for me and Grandma- to go to Paris together, then with the bonus of Annie & Jesse.
We surprised the girls that morning and told them to dress warm since we would be walking around Paris-I don't know if they were more excited they got to miss school, or that we were taking them with us.

Our first stop was to the kitchen store E. Dehillerin. I had read that no trip to Paris was complete without a stop to this store. We did not want our trip to be incomplete so we found it. We were busy giggling and talking about all the different items when a woman walked up to us and said, "Continue shopping, just keep your voices down -we are filming." I guess it was some cooking show talking about different knives. The people working there were so friendly and helpful and spoke English. They sell all sorts of copper, so I learned that I got the deal of the century on my copper pots I bought at the antique market in Nice. It was a fun way to start our day.










This poster was on the wall in the store-you'll have to look at it closely to see all the funny french chefs.
We headed toward the fabric district and found that it is in the same area as the Sacre Coeur. I made them walk over to get a picture- even though this was not a sight seeing trip.











The fabric stores were oh, so interesting. So much fabric you can't believe it. This particular store had these funny little mannequins displaying the different patterns.



Grandma fell in love with the smart cars. I think she got a picture of one in every color, but this one has to be the chart topper.


Look at Grandma, making friends wherever she goes.








Galleries Lafayette had their windows all decorated for Christmas. They are amazing. How I wish I could climb into the brain of those who think these up. These were 2 of the girls favorites. We walked inside and could not believe all the people. It was a Tuesday afternoon and the place was packed.

After a fun filled day, it was time to head back and rescue Grandpa.
Outside at the train station of Gare de Lyon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

fun!! i would love to shop in paris! the fabric store would be awesome and i love the displays and smart cars! wish i was there!